Some setting to let appear as standard

When I generally release a pc to a user as well a customer, I do some "important" settings like show full path in title bar, add the quick launch in the toolbar, show extensions for known files and so on.

How can this settings "imported" into the install disk and let me avoid this tasks every time? :huh:

Andrea

Registry manipulation.

I am not going to start listing them, they are all available through both MSFN and Google searches.

Also, there is nothing wrong with including 'important' things, but those should be for reasons of security etc. Giving everyone the Quick launch bar is not one of them, it is a personal preference, not included as default in the OS and should not be forced upon people.

Most of the keys you are after will be found here

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

There are hundreds of values to be found under these keys, therefore your best bet would be to run a registry monitoring program on a test machine, make the changes you 'normally' make, then check the results from the monitoring and export those keys. once you have the resultant reg file, you can either learn to create an unattended CD complete with the registry changes or simply run the reg file after installation.

All the information you require for performing these tasks is readilly available using a search of this site.

Using the technique as mentioned in my last post, I have produced a .reg file for Folder Options in Windows Explorer.

The zipped up and attached file has been fully commented with instructions.

I hope it goes some way towards helping!

exploreg.zip