USB devices doensnt stay connected....

jayc021

for some reason i cant figure out why my usb devices doesnt stay connected. meaning if i connect my canon scanner on (usb connection) i can use it within the 1/2hr after that its like its not connected to my pc, windows doesnt pick it up, it doesnt show up in the scanner&cameras either. its like its not getting power and it happens to my other devices also. like my camera; hp printer; nomad jukebox. but if i connect them to a usb hub (external power) it stays connected, i d/led all the latest drivers for all of them and no luck, xp loses them after awhile. i thought it was the power supply but it cant be, i have a 400w psu. any clues? any one else is having this problem?

Guest LouCypher

Maybe power management is preventing the system from seeing the devices? Try turning it off (standby, hard drive shutdown, monitor turn off, etc.). You can turn it off in Windows and in the BIOS. I would suggest both just to be certain.

Just a guess but worth a shot, especially since you said it works for awhile and then quits.

im using the abit kt7-r with a tbird 1Ghz, the voltage setting are on default, not overclocked, for the psu its a 400w.

LouCypher, i did check the power management, and i did have everything off except 4 the harddrive, set to owerdown after 2hrs, the setting in the bios were also off.