Adding Drivers Through Floppydisc

zortus

hi,

when you install wxp with the CD then its written to press f6 to install other massstorage drivers.

when i install with RIS (unattended CD it's the same i think) then this option is not available.

is there any possibility to add those drivers WITH THE FLOPPYDISK(by pressing f6, or a prompt)(i dont want to add them with a driverpack or a oemsetup)?

unfortunately i had no success by searching with google.

thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some info from RedmondMag that may help. However, ther rule of thumb with RIS is to use different images for different mass storage controllers.

If the server where you install the image has a different mass storage device than the server imaged with Riprep, you’ll run into installation problems. Microsoft’s white paper, “Sysprep Update: Image Maintenance: Reducing the Number of Master Images Required,” (go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/

servicepacks/sp2/deploytools.asp and click on the link "NewSysprep documentation") has tips for hacking unattended setup entries but, frankly, it’s easier just to use separate images for each server with a different mass storage device.

@BTS,

winnt.sif with

[unattended]OemPreinstall=No

UnattendSwitch="No"

and only copy SCSI/RAID/SATA driver file .sys to \i386 ,not use DP\ folder.

then:

1. F6 load floppy driver is avaliable?

2. SRS drivers can be right loaded by GUI installaion?

while some times i don't want to full automatic installation but need SRS kernal driver. Also need F6, can use Recovery Consule(boot from CDrom),can overwrite-install .