Windows Restarted And Left An Error Message

Pondus

Hello,

I had just installed Windows XP Pro SP2 earlier today when I Windows restarted without any error message. I looked at «Event Viewer» in Control Panel and found two error messages in the «System» category which I think is related to my problem:

The first one told me there was a problem with Si3114r5 (some kind of startup or system driver).

The second gave me the following error code (I think this error came because of the first one): 1000000a, parameter1 f7e8b024, parameter2 00000007, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80507f23.

Any comments of what the problem may be? The computer is brand new and I have just bought a new hard drive, so I don't think that's the problem. :}

Thanks,

Espen

Edited by Pondus

Well, it's a long story, but to explain the most important things:

Around three weeks ago, Windows XP Pro SP2 crashed (the well-known blue screen showed up) and I had to restart my computer. When Windows was starting up, I was told that Windows was damaged and I could fix the problem if I had the original CD and repaired the installed version. I did that, and it worked. I restarted my computer again and a new error message told me that NLDTR was missing.

I formatted my hard drive and installed Windows again. The first time Windows crashed during the installation. I tried again and 1 hour later Windows was installed. I thought I had fixed the problem, but ... around 2 hours later I got the blue-screen AGAIN and I had to reinstall Windows.

I installed my new hard drive today and installed Windows, and just a few hours later Windows restarted and I found the messages above in the Event Viewer.

That's why I'm worried ... I just want to find out what the problem is and what's causing it. :(

Si3114r5 is a mass storage driver (SATA, RAID, SCSI, etc), and NTLDR is actually part of the Windows NT family operating systems (including XP). The combo of the mass storage error and the repair disk probably screwed something up; unfortuneatly, you may have to reinstall the OS; the hardware's probably fine.

Kenshin, I reinstalled Windows 3 times on my old hard drive (that's the disk which gave me the NTLDR message). The new hard drive just said that there was a problem with Si3114r5. I don't think the sollution is to reinstall Windows no more ...

boooggy, how do I use the program? I found a zip file to download, but the readme file just describes how to install it on Linux, not Windows.