Mapped Drives

Your drives won't be mapped though when your offline regardless of anything you put in your script. They will however be visible but you will not be able to access then. For this you should consider using Offline Folders.

The batch file is use at work is as follows

net use g: \\servername\sharedfoldername

These drive show up whether i am connected to the network or not. Obviuosly i can't access them when offline.

• 2 weeks later...

one work around...

create a shotcut to the path you want, call it say G.lnk, whack this into system32 folder, now Start, Run G would bring up that path..

not mapping, but creating shortcut which can have a letter assigned to them...

-this works for all files and prorams by the way -shortuct put into system32 folder.

That's very interesting. Could U tell me how do I assing a letter to a shortcut?

Your drives won't be mapped though when your offline regardless of anything you put in your script. They will however be visible but you will not be able to access then. For this you should consider using Offline Folders.

The batch file is use at work is as follows

net use g: \\servername\sharedfoldername

These drive show up whether i am connected to the network or not. Obviuosly i can't access them when offline.

I don't want offline files or wathever. I just want that when I restart Win2k and if one of my mapped drives computer is offline it won't bug me with that question. I would like something similar that it does in WinXP. If in WinXP a mapped drive computer isn't pressent, it doesn't bug U but it continues loading to the desktop. Now I really can't understand if this is possible in WinXP how come it is not in Win2k. Esspecialy because these2 OS are almost the same.

If you are using a batch file in your startup you could try using:

start /min <path to batch file>

to minimize at startup.

OR use cmdow @ /HID to hide the window completely.