Visual Basic 6 Auto Script

I'm trying to create a script for auto button pushes and whatnot for a visual basic 6 installer i have. i need it to type in my password and uncheck the msfn help files install. and do everything else.. ie. the next.. next... i figured i'd trying and use autoit, but the documentation doesn't tell me how to create my script. Could someone help me compile it?

Thanks

I'm not sure of your circumstances, but consider downloading Scite4Autoit3. The new version has AutoMacroGenerator in it. This is a good tool for helping to create an install scripts. Upon entering your serial, ControlSetText() would be the function to use, to send the serial directly, into the edit control. ControlClick() may uncheck the msfn help files install.

Good luck.

:)

or you could create a vbscript to walk through the install as well...

and for future reference, you want to make sure you post anything application related under the 'Application Installs' forum section.

Good Luck!

You should check out the post made for using a VB (or JavaScript) script for a winamp installation. That has the basic layout for a walk through VB script.

I'm sure the search feature should bring up a few hits :)