Reinstalling Windows Media Components?

realone

With nLite I created a custom Windows installation. I didn't remember to turn of any Media things but now I have a problem. I can't install Windows Media Player 10 (any other version wont work either). It says I don't have the correct OS for installing it. I have WinXP Pro SP2 so that shouldn't be a problem. :huh:

The problem now is I have a lot of strange problems relating to media and stuff. So I would like the mediastuff back. Does anyone know if this is possible without reinstalling Windows?

I looked at the Windows Components under Software but it's not there.

Thanks in advance!

Use Music Match in place of WMP 10. It's better anyway.IMHO.

Doesn't matter which player I use, because the most stuff works on almost any player. But sometimes I have strange media problems. For example; I don't have sound when I play DVD's, the only program that gives sound with my DVD is PowerDVD, the rest doesn't. Then I can't play WMA files, I installed a lot of codecs by now but that doesn't help either. I want to get rid of there problems.

that means u remove it from your xpcd. or u have the wmp 10 kit broken. try to redownload wmp from MS.

I am aware of the fact I somehow ripped it out of my install CD, although I still have no clue how.

If I redownload WMP (and I already said that) then I get the message my operating system doesn't support this version of WMP. Yet it should.