Start Menu Restriction Prompt

mrpitman27

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your System Administrator." My account is already an administrator account. When I right click on my taskbar I recieve the above errors. This is my on personal pc, and one day I lost my Visual Theme and the taskbar options. I now have the Visual Theme resolved. If I create another account I can right click the taskbar, but not on my org account, but I don't wanna go that route since them I move have to migrate all my shortcuts back in place on my start menu. Help Me.

In Windows XP Pro, Group policy apply to all users including the administrator.

Try to play carefully in the group policy editor by doing : START --> RUN --> gpedit.msc

By the way, be careful because if you restrict the usage of the registry editor and the group policy editor you will be in big trouble.

I looked in the Group Policy section and nothing has been configured in it. And, also my themes won't apply now. It goes back to classic style, and when I go to control panel and apply it my screen goes all gray and puter locks up. I have to reboot and theme isn't applied. I've ran virus scanner, spyware scanners, and they find nothing. So what is going wrong? Help me. Thxs.

hi

i suggest that u go on and create a new user account and migrate the settings of the present to account to the new account using the file and settings transfer wizard

this will help u to create the new account with the prevous settings and u wont have to transfer ur desktop icons its

to use the wizard use the following microsoft document

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;306187

plz let me know incase this solves ur problem or not

:hello:

It looks like you've been hijacked by some malicious scripts.

In gpedit, look under:

User Config\Admin Templates\Start menu and Takbar.

There are 42 settings and they will not show up anything if the registry was changed directly. They only show up if you make the changes in gpedit.

The item description should be self explanatory.

OR, just go to regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

and manually delete all the policy subkeys!