Sbc Yahoo Dsl Setup Error

baski_vel

Hi,

I am trying to install the SBC Yahoo DSL, I am getting the following error,

Worknode 'Compare GlobalDicString' could not load file '110.xml'

That .xml file is present in the CD.

I called SBC help and they said this is windows problem and they can't do anything. I searched int he net and could not find any help.

Thanks for your help,

Bhaskar

You don't even need to cd to use SBC dsl.. actually the cd has a crapload of stuff you probably don't want installed

My Network Places>View Network Connections> Create a new network connection>>>>

Next>1st Bubble - Next> 2nd Bubble - Next > SBC requires password so Bubble 2 - Next -> "Sbc Yahoo! DSL" - Next> Fill out the boxes.. and your all set.

What bauzer said is absolutely correct...if you use the SBC install disk, it loads in a proprietary version of Internet Exploder 6.x, and about 8 .EXE and .DLL files running in the background 24/7, which eat up a HUGE amount of memory and system resources.

NEVER use the SBC install disk, just use IE or Firefox and configure it accordingly, you'll be much happier without all that danged SBC spyware running in the background.

.H*P*D.

Hi Bauzer,

From where do you get the 'my network places'? Is it the network icon in the control panel? If so, I tried creating new network connection, no bubble (radio button?) came up.

Can you please give me more details?

Thanks a lot,

Bhaskar