Vmware Oddity Driving Me Nuts

Okie dokie, erased the old problem as I fixed that. As usual, its USER ERROR instead of program error.. I used a floppy boot image as the source for my Boot CD which gave me an a: prompt upon booting the CD, doh.

I don't really know much about bootable CD's so I need help. Right now, using a boot image from the original XP CD in my new disk gives me

CDBOOT: Cannot boot from CD - Code: 4

In VMWare. I'm sure that means something's missing from my boot information but I don't even know what files even cover that! let alone how to edit them.. So.. I need help :)

If a mod wants to change the topic title to something along the lines of "Bootable CD help using .iso and VMWare" that would be wonderful.

Oh yeah, I also tried using the boot.img file from the unattended guide here with the same message.

Well I've been editing that post for a while, so I think I'll make a new one to show its changed :P

I figured out the Code4 problem after alot of searching.. apparently WinISO sucks rofl. trying out UltraISO as per suggested in the search I did.

did you try RECREATING the ISO using the page you've linked?

Yes, I recreated the ISO with the good boot files in UltraISO and I now have a working bootable CD. Though now I have a different problem that I think will require a new thread unfortunately.

did you try RECREATING the ISO using the page you've linked?

Yes, I recreated the ISO with the good boot files in UltraISO and I now have a working bootable CD. Though now I have a different problem that I think will require a new thread unfortunately.

I was more refering to using CDIMAGE to create the ISO. Any direct ISO editing could render the ENTIRE image corrupt so I always recommend just recreating it everytime, SO it takes a few minutes longer, it saves a bit of hassle.