Add/remove Windows Component

trainer4

I wanted to remove a few Windows XP components from windows, so I opened the Add/Remove Programs control applet. I clicked the Add/Remove Windows Components button. The Windows XP Setup - Please Wait... dialog does show, but then it goes away and nothing loaded. I tried to copy a setup.exe file to overwrite the old one and it still doesn't work. Typing setup.exe in the run command box doesn't work, since it says to open it through the Add/Remove Programs applet. Please help me out. Thanks.

Have you tried an xp repair? How about a virus and spyware scan. Any erros in event viewer.

Tried an XP repair, did a virus and spyware scan last night, event viewer shows everything fine. I even did the SFC /SCANNOW Windows File Protection thing. Still, nothing works.

OK. thet Windows Installer service is on and running automatically. I've implemented all the registry info and restarted the computer. no such luck. I tried to open it with 3 different users, and still no luck. I tried it in safe mode, and still nothing.

I have the very same problem. I could use some help here. Cannot access Add/Remove Windows Components Wizard no matter what the user is, being on Safe mode or not, whatever. Tried some guides found though google.com, no way. I can't really format this thing right now coz I need this notebook for university :(

Help

Try to uninstall and reinstall the service pack. After that if add remove fails let me see your loggs.

I've slipstreamed my Windows XP Pro CD, so when I install Windows XP it is already SP2'ed. I've done this on all my computers ad they're perfectly fine. Can you remotely solve my problem? I've added you in MSN, but you haven't showed up yet :no:

I'm kinda lost here. I bet this is the reason why I can't use any mate's pendrives: it always asks for the drivers. Only my pendrive works ok coz windows installed it before getting fcuked up :(

Regards,

maia