Nt4 Wks+sp6a Help Needed!

lailetw

I have 3 pretty standard WIntel boxes, plus a newly setup multi-boot #4 with 3 OSes, all connected via ethernet switch by TCP/IP to operate under one same workgroup.

Booted in 98 SE or XP Pro+sp2, Box #4 Network Neighborhood sees all 3 others, and vice versa, and data transfers perfectly between all.

However, booted in NT4 Wks+sp6a, Box #4 Network Neighborhood sees none of the 3 others, and vice versa, thereby data can't transfer between Box #4 and any other.

Also, booted in NT4 Wks+sp6a, Box #4 fails to ping any of the other 3 boxes, whilst on the contrary all 3 others succeed in pinging Box #4.

Where does the problem possibly lie? Any directions will be highly appreciated. TIA!

post-48241-1111154913_thumb.png

Thanks! I believe I have correct NIC drivers, and I do reinstall sp6a after every move. Box #4 has onboard Intel PRO100+ Management Adapter, and I fed it with Intel's latest driver v9.2, and in NT4 Intel's diagnosis shows PASS for all items. Actually I also tried several other add-on NICs including Intel, 3Com, Dlink, Realtek, with latest version drivers, all worked well in XP and 98SE but not NT4.