Turn Off Import Wizard On Firefox

Hi,

Does any one know how to turn of the import wizard on Firefox for every user that logs in ???

I have been trying a lot of stuff but no success !!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't imagine it would be such a pain in the neck :no::wacko::unsure:

Thank you so much ....

the import wizard will run when there is no firefox data in the applications folder. i figured that out. when i tried to put my setting back with copy from another computer, firefox acts up. you have to find a way to get some default settings, really basic, that you could put into that folder to fool firefox and make it think that theres settings already. thats what iv found out....

Well, start firefox once...

Then it puts the newly configured files in the user's directory - copy those to "%programfiles%\Mozilla\firefox\default\profile\" and over-write...

Its done! you've killed that wizard now. You can also configure settings and THEN overwrite old files with the ones in user-folder....

Thank you guys. I will give it a try ....

It seems tricky though, I believe this should have been made easier from Firefox developer. I can understand that in most of the cases, people use IE and then switch to Firefox and import stuff, but there are other cases when Firefox is the first choice and you do not want that wizard.

Firefox developers should believe more in their product ...... :hello: