Nvidia Forceware + Vivo Wdm = Crash?

_Ombra_

Hi guys,

i recently installed the new nVidia ForceWare 71.84. I have a GeForce FX 5950 Ultra 256 Mb AGP 8X manufactured by BFGTech. It has S-Video/Composite In/Out so i have to install the VIVO drivers to use them.

Now, i install the ForceWare drivers and everything goes well... then i install the VIVO drivers and the install correctly... then i restart the system and puff... Blue screen with stop 0x0000007E.

Start again in safe mode, uninstall VIVO WDM drivers and everything works just fine.

After this i checked the drivers installation hints on nVida site (http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_installation_hints.html) so i decided to uninstall the ForceWare and try to install the VIVO drivers first. After that i rebooted and reinstalled the ForceWare... everything worked except that the VIVO drivers didn't worked... the drivers for the capture part didn't installed the HW.

Help... huh.gif

Thanks

Is it a genuine 5950ultra, or did u soft mod it to that from a 5900?

Vivo on soft modded ultra cards won't work.

Also, the 71.84 drivers are specifically written for the gf6 series, so compatability with the fx series is inconsistent.

I've stuck with the 61.xx series and everything works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same exact problems. I have the 71.84 drivers that I just recently installed over the previous ones. I then installed the WDM drivers. Everything worked until I rebooted. Kept on getting the blue screen of death for less than a fraction of a second. The computer would then reboot. I then had to go into safe mode and remove the WDM drivers. You think I should completely remove everything from Nvidia and reinstall both WDM and video card drivers? Is there a program to COMPLETELY remove Nvidia files? Any help would be appreciated.

BFG FX5900

Win XP SP2

• 3 weeks later...

I got the same problem with the 71.84 and 71.89 drivers.

Tried 2.02 WDM drivers from NVIDIA and the 3.08 WDM drivers from the MSI site.

Always the same result.

VGA card is an MSI FX5600 256MB (VIVO)

OS is XP Pro/SP2

Anybody got any ideas?