REGEDIT4

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP Professional]
"RegUserName"="NAME"

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP Professional\Value]
"3"=hex:00,00,12,20,77,07,63,21,27,22,44,88,11,22,33
"1"=hex:00,00,50,56,17,54,03,00,42,55,00,44,50,30,00

:)

CuteFTP is not an msi anymore.. :(

Yes. On my current system. It SHOULD work for everyone, because that is the back-up of my registration data. There is an option to back-up the registration under the Help menu.

If you hit back-up, it will create three files for you. A text file that contains the instructions, a reg file that contains the registration, and a dat file (sm.dat) that contains your bookmarked sites.

:)

Is anyone else getting a Window popping up during the silent install of this advertising for the Google Toolbar? I don't remember getting this before, but now each time WPI gets to CuteFTP 7 Professional, a window pops up in front during this stage asking if I want to include the Google Toolbar.

If so, is there a switch or something I can do to get rid of it?

Oh I see.. I don't know, because I'm using my own installer. But hey, I don't use Google Toolbar either. I suggest that you build your own installer just to find out if you'll have the same problem. Install the software in record mode to generate your own setup.iss.

Oh I see..  I don't know, because I'm using my own installer.  But hey, I don't use Google Toolbar either.  I suggest that you build your own installer just to find out if you'll have the same problem.  Install the software in record mode to generate your own setup.iss.

No such luck. I created my own build with the -R switch, and it still pops up with the googlebar =\

The question is, how did you create your setup.iss?  I think you should choose "no" when installing it in record mode.

Well, initially I used Astalavista's setup.iss. But then I was told to try and make my own, so I did with -R and I went through everything. Perhaps when I did that i already had the google toolbar installed so it never presented me with that. I'll uninstall and try again, but I'm not optimistic.

The question is, how did you create your setup.iss?  I think you should choose "no" when installing it in record mode.

I'll uninstall and try again, but I'm not optimistic.

No change. In fact the setup.iss file it created when I selected no to the google bar, is identical to the one I had in my 7zip sfx package.