Logon As User, Not Administrator

Hi all. :hello:

Can you help me? I have this problem :( . After RIS server XP SP2 installation the first logon is as local Administrator on the local computer. I would like first logon as ANY USERNAME from DOMAIN which i choose(but i don't know where and how). NOT local Administrator on the local computer. And after first autologin as ANY USERNAME from DOMAIN i will continue to installing programs and finish my ris unattended installation.

Pleas help me.

Thank you very much.

Bye PETER.

Mostly this is covered in the guide: Adding Users

As for setting autologin to the domain, you will want to set "AutoAdminLogon"="0". That way Administrator will not log in on first startup. Setting the user to log in automatically is a little trickier, for that I use Autolog.exe, which was designed for Novell logins but works for Windows stand alone and domain also. It can be run from the command line, so it can be scripted.

• 4 weeks later...

ok correct me if I am wrong... but djeees isn't this one of those standard questions... would never be asked if one would have read the guide! :realmad:

anyways... what you want is very easy... I assume you already have a CMDLINES.TXT file...

SEE HERE:

http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/users.htm

Go for the NET USER METHOD since that is the best method... and below you'll find how to autologin...

I would like to know how to do this also since my applications reside on the network I want to login to a Domain on first logon with a user not with the administrator account. My problem is that I am currently installing Win2000 and apparently it needs something more than what is provideded in the above links. I have tried the NET USER Method but it does not login. Only takes me to the Ctl-Alt-Del screen and stops. Once I login everything else runs fine. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig