Winxp Raid Install

mikimoto

I am having a similar problem tha others seem to be having. I am doing my first build and I went with an amd64 cpu and asus k8v-e deluxe mob and a rain0 setup. When trying to install winxp it won't recognize the raid setup in the f6 mode. Setup accepts the drivers but then says "there is no disc in this drive" I've tried different drivers but most of them end up showing some other kind of error. Does anyone have any advice? B)

I am having a similar problem tha others seem to be having. I am doing my first build and I went with an amd64 cpu and asus k8v-e deluxe mob and a rain0 setup. When trying to install winxp it won't recognize the raid setup in the f6 mode. Setup accepts the drivers but then says "there is no disc in this drive" I've tried different drivers but most of them end up showing some other kind of error. Does anyone have any advice? B)

F6 doesn't work in unnattended mode, you should use Bashrats method to create a unnattended CD with drivers included, then f6 will not be required.

Edit ..P.S through experience i have learned that it's not a good idea to create a boot OS on a raid, mirrored or otherwise, when they fail you lose data big time, unless you ghost the drive then it won't matter.