Power Management Gone?!

Hello, i have started making my own unattended cd 2 days ago, but i have come across some things that i can't get straightend out.

1st Power Management is gone (which is a little odd)

I integrated SP2 and tested it with M. Virtual PC, but when i go to

Right mouse on desktop - properties - screen protection (this is a translation of my dutch version of windows) - Energie

This is were you can set the time for harddrive powerdown etc. But this button Energie is not there. Is this because i am testing it with M. Virtual PC and it is unable to detect any form of power management or am i doing something very wrong. Because i do use it. So i would like to know how it is possible to not lose that button. I tryed using nLite and doing it manually, same outcome.

Here is my WINNT.SIF file:

WINNT.SIF

I have done a clean copy of the XPCD, integrated SP2, inserted this WINNT.SIF file and made an iso, installed the iso in M. Virtual PC and my Powermanagement is gone.

2nd SmallIcons in CLASSIC START MENU

I have seen alot of regtweaks that say how to do it, but nothing has worked so far.

In regtweaks2 there is the following tweak:

"Start_LargeMFUIcons"=dword:00000000

This one simply doesn't work for the Classic Start Menu, i would really like to know how this can be done with the Classic Start Menu.

3th System Restore

Also seen and tested and tryed alot of tweaks for this one, but it does not disable it.

Should this tweak be run at T12? Because i hate to lose space to something i never ever use.

4th SmallIcons in IE

I have one tweak that works if i run it in windows when it is installed, but when i run it during installation it does not work. The tweak mentioned in the regtweak2 file doesn't work eiher. :(

The tweak that does work when you run it in windows itself and also sets windows explorer icons to small is this one:

;Sets Small ToobarIcons
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SmallIcons]
"SmallIcons"="yes"

But using this one in my reg file that is run during installation it doesn't work.

I really hope any of you can give me some awnsers to my questions.

Thanks in advance

oke, tnx that's atleast something :)

Wonder what could be it then :huh:

Well, i'll keep experimenting

[EDIT]

Oke, well something is really odd, because i dit a fresh integration of SP2 network version, dutch. Downloaded it 2days ago from microsoft.com.

I installed that, without the WINNT.SIF to rule out that it is the SP2 pach, but in fact the energie button is still gone, so it's not the WINNT.SIF and according to WotC it should not be M. Virtual PC either. I'm goin to test this myself as well, but if it is true that it will still not be there with a different app. I am wondring how it could be that that SP2 does not intstall power management.

Cheers!...

(awnsers to the other question are still very much welcome :))

Edited by MyDomain

Oke problem one has been solved!

I use VMware now, which i btw should of used before, like it much better.

I also integrated a different SP2, or atleast the one from an original SP2 CD.

Now my Power Management is back.

My questions on SmallIcons in Classic Start Menu and IE still remain as well as the System Restore.

Hope anyone out there still hasn't read this topic and does know the awnser.

I'll keep trying, cheers!