Need Help Re-programing An App <<noob>>

Hi im newish to programing and have been reading/studying for a few weeks now, i think im in the right forum to ask this ah well here goes......

I downloaded an app/program named MirLander from www.mirlander.com

Heres the thing, theres a list of characters inside that app and i need to get that list... so far its impossible, its just no were to be seen. I know for a fact its encrypted in side the Hook.dill file

Iv Hex'ed used many programs such as W32Dasm etc to try and find the list of characters, but no luck. I knows its theres though!! I would like to find the list if i can. But main thing is to remove the list and just be able to run the program every time with out it checking.

Would any one be able to help me out here please, all help would be very appreciated

Direct Link to the program

http://www.mirlander.com/firstkiller2.2.zip

Belive its coded in C++

Thanks

Hum... Just to be sure : you are trying to change a commercial program you don't own, or don't have licence on ? I mean "modification licence", not "using licence"...

If it is encrypted, this must be because it is meant to be secure ? Like... let's say... a password or a restriction in usage ?

What you are asking very much looks as "how can I crack this program to use it without paying" you know ?

Maybe you should try being more clear about your intentions if you want answers...

Ive paid all ready but i got banned. Basicly you can only register it to one charater at a time i would just like to use what i paid for. Which is why im asking to have it unlucked.

First, please elaborate... how does one get "banned" from a game?

Have you contacted the author about your problems?

I think you are wasting your time trying to crack the dll as any programmer worth his salt would have those keys both encrypted and the code obfuscated. Unless you are a codebreaker you have little chance of success.

Even if someone here was inclined to help you, you haven't given any specific information on what you are looking for, like a character name for instance.

Well my charater was called "FIREWALL" so thats the name you are looking for. The owners have that site up but no longer interested which is why i am asking here. I know the names are in the hook file but just cant find them. I got banned from the game because one of my mates decied to use bad launage which staff didnt like.

I went to the mirlander site and read about the game and I have to say I don't understand it.

"MirLander" is our main product and if you follow the "Rules" you will not get banned .

Rules of using MirLander

1. please don't use mirlander for PKing in-game.

2. please don't tell other players that you are using mirlander.

3. please keep the candle on.

4. please be very carefully with using instant running function (my suggestion is do not use it).

Rule 1. What is PKing

Rule 2. If you are playing this game, don't other people know they are playing too? or is this some kind of hack into another game?

Rule 3. no idea

Rule 4. Makes the game sound like a piece of junk

The rules for firstkiller are just as confusing.

Why dont you just get counterstrike and be happy. :)

Game has functions like running with program it injects something into the Dll files allowing you to have advantages over other players and certain abilities. HOOK.dll file contains the names as I said. Also if you asked about the rules,

"Mir Lander" is our main product and if you follow the "Rules" you will not get banned.

Rules of using Mir Lander

1. Please don't use Mir Lander for PKing in-game.

This means when you try killing other players that’s what PK stands for Player Killing the staff have asked you not to use when killing other people.

2. Please don't tell other players that you are using Mir Lander.

They don’t want you to tell each other because it cause’s number of problems.

3. Please keep the candle on.

In the game you have an inventory like in most games candles are used to see in the dark. They are asking you to keep the item candle on because it will switch over when it runs out of life. Look below to see inventory. You will seea squre box where your candle would go:

http://img152.exs.cx/img152/6071/staff6sq.jpg

4. Please be very carefully with using instant running function (my suggestion is do not use it).

Instant running is where you run straight away normally in the game you would just walk then run. With instant running function it allows you to run straight away.

lol

I see.

Mirlander is a program that lets you cheat in online games. So you don't have the right to say you use it, probably because it would make you banned from the targeted game :P

Not using it for killing other gamers seems cool anyway... if you accept the idea of cheating at the beginning :}

What I found fun is that you are trying to cheat the cheater by using it without their permission. I mean : they seem to have rules for using it, so banning you is their right, and you accepted it by purchasing it, so wanting to use it while being banned IS cheating.

Look : all of this is fun, but I don't like gamers using cheating softwares, and I don't like people trying to break code without knowing what they do (this is how trojan and viruses get created : by people who don't know what they have in hands)... So I'm sorry, but you will have to do without me.

Good luck

Little Jawa

I agree with jawa. I would have nothing against trying to break this companys code, since their business is built on cheating they should expect it. Cheating other players in the game, however, is uncool to the extreme. Y not just play fair?

Thanks guys for your input allthough reason i want 2 cheat is because there is a large % of cheaters who use it to kill others unfair. A group of us have decided to start again on new accounts and use it just to kill the cheaters. As it is hard trying 2 kill a cheater normaly

Oh, so it's more like escalating warfare than cheating... just like in real life. Ok, thats not so bad. Glad you are not garden variety cheater.

Still, as I said before, your chances here are slim and none. The dll itself is compiled encrypted, and lord only knows what was done by the programmer to hide the specific data keys you are looking for. Not that it will probably help but it might be interesting to look at what and where is being sent over the net when you start the game.

Try Ethereal if youre interested.

http://www.ethereal.com/

Good luck. If you do manage to crack this let us know and I will send virtual champagne.

thanks mate can any one tell me they have updated a file in game called mir.exe which the file relys on to be able to cheat and get in game. can some one tell me if they know if its a easy fix just to edit the program for the new mir.exe