Windows Installer Doesn't Work

I finally got winnt.sif working and got an install w/ drivers and most of my apps, but for some reason my msi installers don't work. In windows whenever I run an msi or windows installer powered exe I get an error saying that Windows Installer cannot be accessed or may not be installed correctly. I tried using instmsiw.exe to install the installer service, but it didn't seem to work. Any help is appreciated.

I checked DCOM Process Launcher and it's running. Here is the exact error I get:

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you re running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personell for assistance."

Still don't know what the heck is going on.

For some reason, windows installer service doesn't work on my unnattended cd. After an unattended install, all msi's and exe's that use windows installer will not run. They just say the windows installer service is not running. Attempting to start the service doesn't work either. I get a path not found error. I have checked for msiexec.exe and msiexec.dll. msiexec.exe is in system32, but I can't find msiexec.dll anywhere. A repair from my source disk (slipstreamed SP2) seems to fix the problem, but I still can't get it to work with my unattended disk. any help is appreciated.