Great Way To Start My Week...

un4given1

OK. So I bought a new car today (not NEW, but new to me...) and I was out cruising when I got a call from our CEO. "Don... The power at the office went out and now the server won't boot." OK... great! So, I head to the office and YEP! It won't boot. Go figure. During startup shortly after the Windows Server 2003 Small Business Edition logo screen pops up, BSOD! So, I start by seeing if it's possible that since the drives are mirrored, maybe I can rebuild one of them with the other... I do a concistency check... no luck. So, I reboot to the system console and run CHKDSK... After about 2 hours of waiting, I'm in! The only problem... IIS isn't working Service errors out the a**! So here I am... 2:36 in the morning... running a backup on the system (it's a new system and we hadn't set up backup options on it yet... stupid me!) so I can uninstall IIS and reinstall.

So.. Wish me luck! I'll keep you all updated.

I fixed it!!!! Finally! Only 8 hours after I started. 20 minutes before the staff arrives and goes about normal business. ****, I'm good! (I only said that to make myself laught... It's been a long night... and I have 8 more hours ahead of me now.)

Oh... that was another thing...

On my way home the engine on my new car seized... :( But the good news is that the dealership is going to replace it for me. It's not a "new" car. It's a 93 Toyota Celica GT. But, I am without it for a couple days while they take care of that. I can always rely on my Chevy Truck though! (that sounded a little redneck, didn't it?) :)