Ghost Installer

Astalavista

Ghost Installer is a flexible deployment tool, suitable to solve virtually any installation task. Using the new Custom User Interface feature, you can create installation dialogs the way you desire them to be. With Ghost Installer it is possible to perform numerous custom actions and to create scripts that can fulfill almost any software deployment goal. The process of checking registry values and writing configuration files depending on the choices a user makes, is one of many features that give you hands-on control of the installation.

The improved Mr. Skinner tool can now “dress up” customized dialogs, creating a more appealing look for your installation. Ghost Installer features one of the fastest and most effective compression methods, providing for a faster installation start and a small installation size.

Ghost Installer's famous convenient user interface makes it easy to create even the most complex installations. If you are new to Ghost Installer and you need a simple yet reliable installation, Ghost Installer’s wide variety of wizards will aid you in the process.

Ghost Installer supports various technologies such as Web-deploying, deploying .Net applications and assemblies, MDAC, Java, BDE, and so on.

Ghost Installer is available in Free and Commercial editions.

Ghost Installer

• 2 years later...

AstaLavista

Would you please tell me how to install an application (ghost installer) - I want to install some components and don't want to install the another... I have no source code of that appl. - only the install.sss file. But when i use it, the program is not installed properly as i want - some unuseful components. How can I disable "English course" for example ? (see below)

<silentsettings activeinstalltype="CustomInstall">
<features>
<feature id="Main"/>
<feature id="Courses"/>
<feature id="EnglishCourse"/>
<feature id="RussianCourse"/>
</features>
<variables>
<var name="InstallPath" value="C:\Program Files\%myprogram%"/>
<var condition="%LangID%=RUS" name="FullInstallName" value="Full"/>
<var condition="%LangID%=RUS" name="FullInstallDescription" value="... description here..."/>
<var condition="%LangID%=RUS" name="CustomInstallName" value="Custom"/>
<var condition="%LangID%=RUS" name="CustomInstallDescription" value="... description here..."/>
<var condition="%LangID%=RUS" name="English" value="English"/>
<var condition="%LangID%=RUS" name="EnglishCourseDescription" value="English course"/>
<var condition="%LangID%=RUS" name="Russian" value="Russian"/>
<var condition="%LangID%=RUS" name="RussianCourseDescription" value="Russian course"/>
<var condition="%LangID%=RUS" name="Media" value="Multimedia components"/>
<var condition="%LangID%=RUS" name="CompactInstallName" value="Compact"/>
<var condition="%LangID%=RUS" name="CompactInstallDescription" value="... description here..."/>
</variables>
</silentsettings>

Although this thread hasnt had a post in almost 2 yrs,

the thread starter hasnt been logged on to MSFN in about the same period of time.

Hopefully though, a current MSFN user will be able to assist you.

shark