I Don't Know What Else To Do?

TikaL13

Hey I feel really stupid....but I have to ask around....anyway I just finished building a computer for a friend of mine here are the specs:

Mother board: ABIT SG-72 Mainboard ....

SIS 661fx/964L Chipset Based Intel P4 motherboard

Proccessor: Intel Celeron D 2.8ghz

Now my question is: I just finished putting this thing together and I installed a version of XP pro that was made using nlite....now I have used this version of XP on other computers before and everything went well.....but this time around

When I went to use the internet to update the computer and just surf the web it won't let me....now the board cam with a disc that has the drivers for the board now i've installed the drivers and when it came to install the LAN driver so that I can connect via ethernet which by the way is connected to the board it's not a PCI/Ethernet card...

it says that there is limited connection or no connection at all.....and when I went to install the driver for the LAN it said that there was a Windows Logo test that didn't pass and asked if I wanted to continue but if I did the that might mess up some other fuctions for the computer as well.....I can't connect to the internet to get the proper drivers...I have to keep switching out computer so that I can use the internet...

I've been going crazy here all night and just wanted to know what I can do to get this computer to connect to the internet.....I guess that the person that I got this copy of XP from took out the modems drivers and all possiable drivers to save space.... I don't know what else to do...

Please Help!!!

TikaL13

Well the LAN connection is not a card it's intergrated to the board and when I continue to install the driver it's says that there is something wrong with it....and to correct it and reinstall it again

TikaL13

I guess that the person that I got this copy of XP from took out the modems drivers and all possiable drivers to save space.... I don't know what else to do...

I know exactly how you can fix this. Buy a copy of Windows XP. Then you will have an original disk and can slim it down to fit your specifications rather than someone else's.

I really wouldn't have thought it needed explaining that using someone else's uA CD (and therefore likely also their CD Key) is an act of piracy. Not something this forum has been set up to support. :no:

If you buy an original copy of XP and still can't get it working, by all means post back and we will see what we can do to help.

If I were you I would look for a new driver for the Integrated Nic.

Then I would check if my pc is set up to connect to interent by entering valid IP addresses (some routers/Proxy/Nat servers use only a range of IPs and if you enter an IP outside that range you won't connect)

verify the Cable, it may be the source of the problem.

I have inserted ip addresses....etc...etc....but after that I can't connect to the internet......page can not diplay is what I get.....the LAN settings that I have before i put in manually is to detect the setting automatically.....put I get a better connection when I input the information manually....but I still can't view any web site.....

Very very......p***ed... :angry:

TikaL13