Arrggh! "ntkrnlpa.exe Was Not Copied Correctly"

I have a custom SP2 boot screen that I am trying to use. The ntoskrnl and all the files listed below have be modified, modifype'd and compressed when necessary. (Trust me, it wouldn't work at all if all the files weren't). The boot screen works just fine AFTER the UA install, (no hangs, no freezes, no black screens, no probs there). But during the file copy portion of UA install, I get an error message "ntokrnlpa.exe was not copied correctly". I can hit esc to skip, as the screen says and the install goes thru fine, no probs with it or the boot screen ever, ever again, after the install is complete. I had to change:

i386\ntoskrnl.ex_

i386\ntkrnlmp.ex_

and these:

ntoskrnl.exe

ntkrnlmp.exe

ntkrnlpa.exe

ntkrpamp.exe

inside driver.cab and sp2.cab.

None of the other files above give me any probs or errors but that dadgum "ntkrnlpa'. I have a single processor system, but why isn't the other multi-processor file giving me any errors? How can I stop this? This one error is the only thing stopping me from my ultimate perfect completed UA CD. Like I say

the boot screen is perfect after the install. Just that annoying error message druing the file copy. Any ideas??????? :}