Need a program like Outlook Calendar.

Xoobee

Hi.

I have Outlook Express but it doesn't have the calendar that the full Outlook program has. Currently I am unable to get an Office disk to install Outlook itself.

Is anyone aware of a freeware or shareware program that is very close to the format and look of Outlook Calendar?

Thank you.

Xoobee

Hi, Xoobee...

is this of any use to you? Installing Outlook 2003 Before Office ...

Note: Installing Outlook 2003 without Office 2003 limits Outlook functionality in the following ways:

Users cannot use WordMail as their Outlook editor.

Users cannot use the MailMerge feature.

The File | Send to | Mail Recipient capability is not available.

Minor problems can occur with the Office Assistant— for example, when one Office appplication turns the Assistant on, and another one turns it off.

• 1 year later...

I love the simplicity and ease of use of Sunbird. However, it is lacking in just one thing -- contact management. I currently use ACT! 2000, which is sadly very buggy when used on XP, and totally worthless when using office XP or later.

Outlook 2003 is a pretty good alternative for this, but I can't share it among my other networked PCs without Exchange server, and that just makes the whole process WAY too much work, and WAY too complicated.

Does anyone know of a cheap or open-source alternative that has a calendar function like Sunbird and a contact management function like Act, Outlook, or Lotus Notes, that I can still use among multiple users simultaneously?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to anything out there on the market which comes close enough to Outlook's function and integration, which is why many of us still have not abandoned it, though many of us have wanted to! Sunbird is evolving and as soon as it develops the capability to connect with Exchange server, Outlook will find a massive drain IMHO. Sharing calendaring would be useful to us all. Until then.... sigh.

Edited by DonDamm