Office 2003 student and teacher

troycicle

I still can't reply to any thread.
What does that mean!

As for your original question, you cannot shrink it because making the facility of making an Admin-Install Point is not available in it. You need to edit the MSI to remove the limitation, and then you can shrink it.

Customizing it, is of course do-able no matter which edition you have. Just use your Office Resource Kit, that's all.

And silently installing it is just a matter of using the MSI switches (/QB, /QN, etc.).

As for your original question, you cannot shrink it because making the facility of making an Admin-Install Point is not available in it. You need to edit the MSI to remove the limitation, and then you can shrink it.

Not to sound like a total newbie here, but can you point us to some info on how to edit the MSI? This would definitely be of interest to me. I searched and couldn't find anything...

@jrf2027

sure, np.

Here is a link to what you should want - Office 2k3 install for non-VLK.

Hmm.... and how to edit MSI, I don't know to explain!

Its just like using regedit (a bit _better_ one though ;)). You have tables with the specified property name and value beside it. You will instantly know how to do it.

Oh, and there is no single editor for MSIs. A google search will throw up many of them. Download whichever seems easy to use for you.

Hoping this helps....

Oh, and please post back on how it works out.