VB6 & Word,Excell,Adobe - runtime

Dear Members,

I have recently created a VB6 application. My VB program uses bookmarks and ranges to update already created word and excell files, based on user’s input or selections within the program. The program also uses Shell Execute to open certain files, mostly pdfs. The program works fine on my machine opening and updating all files. This however is not the case on different machines. I use SetupFactory 6.0 to create the installation file. I believe all dependencies are detected and included. Although my program successfully installs, and runs, it will not open or update any files, be it Word, Excel or Acrobat. Obviously I am new to VB and have been mostly learning it from the internet, but my problem doesn’t seem to be covered. The program doesn’t actually give me an error… XP just tells me an error has occurred and gives me a choice to ‘send’, ‘don’t send’, ‘debug’. Debug doesn’t mean anything to me as it’s a bunch of memory address… I think … or hex code. What am I missing in my installation file? Why does the program run ok on my machine but not on others? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Serge

I have included all DLLs Setup Factory 6.0 found.. you can test for dependencies in your VB project. Its definitely something small..... i tested the executable on my PC, just to see if the files are in the right place and they definitely are.... what really bugs me is that pdfs don't open. I can understand a word and excel file not working but as far as i know shell doesn't require anything special. I'll try a couple of different things and I’ll keep posting... for now i still don't have an answer so i appreciate everyone’s help.... if what i try doesn't work out i am gone start posting some code.

Thanks in advance Serge :hello: