Creating software based RAID-0(Striped) volume

The Land of Smeg

I have three 4GB hard disks in a computer that I'm running (Athlon XP 1800+/256MB RAM/Geforce2 64MB). Not a great computer for sure, but still decent, and meets the recommended specifications for Windows XP. And for the needs of what it's going to be used for.

The hard disks it has are:

2x 4GB(4118MB) 5400RPM Fujitsu drives (ATA33)

1x 4GB(4110MB) 5400RPM WD drive. (ATA33)

Obviously the drives are the bottleneck in this system, and it's very noticable. I don't worry about hard disk space, 4GB should be enough- It mounts a Windows file share on another computer that has 40GB available for use so it can do what it's intended to do.

It's running Windows XP Professional, which supports Dynamic Disks, and what I want to achieve is making a RAID0(Striped) across all 3 disks, most importantly the system drive, so I can get better performance.

I've tried messing around with diskpart, and I even made a RAID0(Striped) across all 3 disks, but when I tried to install Windows on it from the Windows CD, it said that it doesn't support installing to dynamic disks from setup or to that affect. I guess that the only way would be to convert to dynamic once Windows has been installed.

Can anyone please help me set this up. I've looked around but I've got No idea how to convert the System Partition to Dynamic Disk from Windows/DiskPart. When I tried before, I couldn't work out a way to add the System Partition to a RAID or use the System Partition as the start of a new RAID.

Help!!

PS: If you think 4GB disks are too small to even be used. Think about it, I'm using it for exactly what old drives are intended for, to be part of a Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks :thumbup .