Opera Help - Deleting completed Transfers

Zxian

Hey everyone,

I've looked around on the opera forums and on google, but I can't seem to find this answer.

Is there anyway of preventing Opera from storing the downloaded files that I simply want to open? If I wanted to save the files to my harddrive, I would do so, but when I want to simply open a file (say for example a PDF from a link in Acrobat, not the browser plugin), the file is stored on my hard drive instead of being stored in a temp directory or something of the sort.

Thanks in advance!

Hey prathapml,

I still can't find anything about that, even with Kiosk mode.

Isn't Kiosk mode meant to be used for things like Internet Cafe's, so that the user has less control over what's going on?

Cheers!

Isn't Kiosk mode meant to be used for things like Internet Cafe's, so that the user has less control over what's going on?
You got it right. ;)

But its hugely customizable just like the rest of opera is. For example, kiosk mode by default will remove a lot of menus - so just specify in the INI file while editing it (about what features you DON'T want disabled).

Does it look complicated/roundabout?

Its not - it looks like that the first time, that's all. Also, remember no other browser CAN possibly have such a feature!

Keep us posted on the progress!

*OH MY GOD*

Idea strikes!

Why didn't you think of limiting the cache to zero MB - isn't it far simpler.

Do you mean the disk cache? I've already got that set to zero.

I've tried setting the memory cache to zero but that doesn't help either...

Cache Options

I'll play with kiosk mode tomorrow when I've got some time inbetween/in classes... :P

Thanks for the help!