Installed.The system Cannot find the file specified." When i downloading

the program the message ,just when restarting computer, shows up: "The

Installation support File could not be Install. " When i try to open the

media player error report come up: The folowing files will be includied in

this error report: C:\DOCUME~1\BEDAST~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\d4ddc_appcompat.txt

The buttom line is I , cannot remove the program . Any help? The

Crea...Tech support sugest ( new) clean install of windows. I did run

repaires on windows that did not help. I don't like it. Thanks Beda

Hi, welcome. That suite has had conflicts with some other apps.

1. Try first installing it in Safe Mode AND then uninstalling while in that mode.

2. Open JV16 Power Tools: run its Registry Tool, and write down any other names used in the titles of all apps associated with Soundblaster & Creative(there may not be any others).

3. Disable ALL security & file protection/scanning apps--windows/third party: firewall, AV, innoculators(spybot innoculator, spywareblaster), spy blockers(spywareguard, etc.), system/real time file protection, restore, file indexing(huge resource hog anyhow!), all Norton / Disk Doctors/Utilities. AND ensure this thru task manager / services / whatever, for the duration of this process: thru reboots, etc.

4. Attempt uninstall again.

5. Run a Registry Repair utility(but do NOT allow auto-fixing)-- Spybot has one, though primitive: Tools / highlight System Internals / click Check for Problems. Better ones are Registry Mechanic, Registry First Aid, Norton Utilities has one also... Note: Registry First Aid: http://www.regnow.com/softsell/visitor.cgi...ite&vendor=9085 and others have trial downloads that would suffice for this. Once you run the app-- you're going to Manually fix errors, only the ones dealing with this suite-- from among a choice of solutions offered: do NOT accept delete & look instead for any like "shortcut/path pointing to

wrong location"-- the fix will usually be to correct something in the path or folder name; accept that & don't accept any obvious mistakes like when it says a file is missing and wants to point to a file in another program's folder. Re-boot.

6. With steop 3 apps disabled, attempt uninstall.

7. Manual Time & also do even if step 5 worked(to preclude future problems, as there've been issues w/ security apps & we don't know which of its files possibly left behind could make problems again): Boot into Safe Mode.

8. In Device Manager or other System Reporting Tool: make a note of how many sound devices & codecs are installed, and have ready at hand the disc w/ your sound drivers / hard drive folder containing any updated ones.

9. Do Finds in both Registry(first please), then hard drive: for Soundb*, Creat*, & in a similar style for any other words from step 2. The reason we're using partial word w/ a * is because they may truncate their naming of files, and not all will be located in the home folders. Of course, you're gonna use your judgment: if you also have programs called Sound Bookie or Creative Cracker, you will have to determine who is whose. When in doubt, experiment by re-naming temporarily. Now, if i possessed the Creative Suite, i could find this out & save you steps 2 & 7......

10. This process'll likely also excise your sound-- no biggie: upon re-boot Windows'll likely re-detect all missing components, which you'll double-check against the list from step 7.

Good huntin'.....