Problems disabling Taskbar Animations, etc...

Hello all!

Well, I have a problem disabling the nasty taskbar animations durin the Windows Unattended Installation. I apply the following registry setting during the installation process using CMDLINES.TXT:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"TaskbarAnimations"=dword:00000000

Windows installs, boots up, and first thing I see is the bloody taskbar animations! :angry: I have an idea that it just overwrites my setting with it's own settings during the account creation process.

I have tried applying it with the [GuiRunOnce] section in the WINNT.SIF file, but it doesn't work as well...

I have the same problems disabling screensaver and applying No Sounds scheme.

I HAVE FOUND HOW TO TURN OFF THE NASTY "SLIDE TASKBAR BUTTONS" OPTION DURING THE SETUP BY DEFAULT"!!!

Yes, "TaskbarAnimations"=dword:00000000 really turns off the Taskbar Animation, but it doesn't work if you put it in the REG file and apply it using the CMDLINES.TXT or the [GuiRunOnce] section in the WINNT.SIF file. I think that's because of the fact that Windows kinda tests your system to see if it's possible to handle all the silly eye candies everytime you create a new user account. But I have discovered that one can override it putting the following lines in your REG file and importing it using the CMDLINES.TXT method:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\TaskbarAnimations]

"DefaultValue"=dword:00000000

"DefaultByAlphaTest"=dword:00000000

Already tested it, works fine! :yes::yes::yes: