Disabling Right-To-Left Writing...

4tune

Hi, I'm Armenian & I like writing Armenian and having Armenian support :)

In WinXp it's done by enabling "Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages" checkbox in "Contol Panel > Regioanl Settings > Languages Tab > Supplemental language support".

1. first problem is that Armenian is NOT a right-to-left writing language, and the "right-to-left writing" menus that are in notepad's or other apps mouse right click menu, are truly annoying and sometimes makes a lot of problems for some lame users.

2. second problem is that when I change language bar to "HY" (Armenian) to write Armenian unicode, it begans to write right-to-left :(

I tried to change "intl.inf" in "Windows\Inf" by disabling all other languages except Armenian, it solves all my problems but Armenian unicode shows boxes instead of letters :(

I found that this problem is caused of LPK...

and when i enable LPK >>

[LPK.LGReg.Install.Arabic] ;Arabic can be changed by anything

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\LanguagePack","ARABIC",0x00010001,0 ;here too

<<

armenian unicode shows letters instead of boxes, but again right-to-left is enabled and problems begin !

Please help...

here is what i made in intl.inf>>>

###############################

[LANGUAGE_COLLECTION.COMPLEX.INSTALL]

CopyFiles = KBD.LGFiles.Armenian,Armenian_Fonts

AddReg = NLS.LGReg.Install.Armenian,KBD.LGReg.Install.Armenian,Armenian.Fonts.Reg,LPK.LGReg.Install.Armenian

[LANGUAGE_COLLECTION.COMPLEX.REMOVE]

DelFiles = KBD.LGFiles.Armenian,Armenian_Fonts_Remove

AddReg = NLS.LGReg.Remove.Armenian

DelReg = KBD.LGReg.Remove.Armenian,Armenian.Fonts.Reg,LPK.LGReg.Remove.Armenian

#######################################

#########################

;

; Language Group - Armenian

;

[Armenian_Fonts]

sylfaen.ttf

[Armenian_Fonts_Remove]

sylfaen.ttf

[LPK.LGReg.Install.Armenian]

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\LanguagePack","Armenian",0x00010001,0

[LPK.LGReg.Remove.Armenian]

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\LanguagePack","Armenian",0x00010001,0

#######################################

post-34-1106494840_thumb.jpg

• 6 years later...

Actually, now I would like to install support for complex script languages. Not that I need those languages. The problem is that adobe pdfMaker doesn't convert equations in Microsoft Word 2007. And installing complex script languages solves this.