Bootscreen Problem....

I also have the problem of sticking on startup, i have some integrated hotfixes, some apps, components removed.

using an Athlon 2400 XP

No idea what the problem is, read this thread and didnt understand any of it :(

• 2 years later...

Going off this post on the previous page, you'll have a Windows CD that installs fine etc, but what happens if you upgrade your PC to 4Gb RAM, or you swap from an AMD processor to a system with a P4 (with hyperthreading)? Your install disc would have to be remade?

What I am asking then is, can it be done so you have a CD that covers all possibilities?

Like, some way to add into the batch commands something like "if exist" ???

Or does Windows itself rename the ntoskrnl.exe so you end up with "ntoskrnl.exe"

but it is actually called something else initially on your CD?

The other thing is, on my system now I have two kernel files in system32 - ntoskrnl.exe

and ntkrnlpa.exe so erm... :blink: Which one is the one that needs editing?!

Just saves making a whole other XP CD for your next system, I am sure at some point,

I am going to probably upgrade to one of those new Core 2 Duo chips (since they seem

to wipe the floor with the AMD 4200+) and a Core 2 Duo would have hyperthreading, I do

want to also upgrade my system to 4Gb RAM too, I bought a MOBO with that in mind

although right now its only got 2Gb RAM and so, uses a different kernel. :unsure:

Edited by LeveL