WMP10 will not play .wmv files.

dskinner1000

WMP10 won't play .wmv files. They work fine in every other player I use them in, but as soon as I play a wmv file in WMP10 the player crashes. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but it's getting on my nerves that whenever i go on a webpage that has a .wmv file embedded in it firefox crashes. Does anybody know how to fix it?

I had the same problem. First clean your system of any virus/adware/malware. Then repair using the XP tool in properties of your C drive under tools, click auto fix file system and scan & attempt recovery of bad sectors. Once your happy with this try it again. If problem exists you'll need the appropriate codec. Try this one from Major Geeks:http://majorgeeks.com/download4361.html. You can uninsatll this if it doen't fix the prob!

One problem I have found trying to view MS Media (10) files on Firefox is that some of my sites the movie files are themselves not functioning. If it is a yahoo site then remember they have a time limit on how long you can view the sites. I think they run in cycles of 4 hours. Try these sites on IE and see if you hv the same problem.

MS will tell you to search for a codec anyhow but are quite elusive when it comes to solutions to MS mp10. Try running Real Player as your default and skip 10 if u still hv the prob.

Cheers

Les :)