Perfect Disk Users

Mekrel

Well I performed a search on PDCMD but didnt get anything even when searching any date.

Just a heads up to Perfect Disk users, on how to use PDCMD intoe with batch files to automate you defraging tasks.

I know Disk Keeper has been mentioned on here before, and I appologise if PD has been mentioned too, but im keen to give back to msfn what ive taken because i have today formated using my first unattended disk and everything has gone fine and I still need to add mainly some settings, so thanks to everyone here :)

Anyhow:

/ONLINE [/WAIT] <DriveLetters> [\\Computer Name]

Start an immediate defragmentation pass of the ONLINE files on the specified drive.

If the optional /WAIT command is specified, PDCMD.exe will not return until the defragmentation pass is completed, or stopped.

The drive letter is mandatory. C:, or C:\ are all acceptable.

The DriveLetters parameter can accept multiple drives separated by a single space ( C: D: F: ). In lieu of specifying each drive this parameter can also accept /AllDrives, which will defrag all drives at the same time.

If the optional Computer Name is not specified the defragmentation pass will occur on the local computer.

/OFFLINE [/WAIT] <DriveLetters> [file type flags] [\\Computer Name]
Start an immediate defragmentation pass of the OFFLINE files on the specified drive.

If the optional /WAIT command is specified, PDCMD.exe will not return until the defragmentation pass is completed, or stopped.

The DriveLetters parameter can accept multiple drives separated by a single space ( C: D: F: ). In lieu of specifying each drive this parameter can also accept /AllDrives, which will defrag all drives at the same time.

The file type flags (/ALL /D /S /P ) are optional. If they are not specified, the settings in the Drive Properties Notebook will be used.

/ALL: Perform offline defrag on all applicable file types.

/D: Perform offline defrag on directories.

/S: Perform offline defrag on system files.

/P: Perform offline defrag on the page file.

If the optional Computer Name is not specified the defragmentation pass will occur on the local computer.

/SCHEDBOOT <DriveLetters:> [file type flags] [\\Computer Name]

Schedules a boot time defragmentation pass for the next reboot.

The DriveLetters parameter can accept multiple drives separated by a single space ( C: D: F: ). In lieu of specifying each drive this parameter can also accept /AllDrives, which will schedule all drives for a boot time defrag on the next reboot.

The file type flags (/ALL /D /S /P ) are optional. If they are not specified, the settings in the Drive Properties Notebook will be used.

/ALL: Perform offline defrag on all applicable file types.

/D: Perform offline defrag on directories.

/S: Perform offline defrag on system files.

/P: Perform offline defrag on the page file.

/STOP <DriveLetters> [Computer Name]
Stop the defragmentation pass on the specifies drive.

The DriveLetters parameter can accept multiple drives separated by a single space ( C: D: F: ). In lieu of specifying each drive this parameter can also accept /AllDrives, which will stop the defrag all drives at the same time.

/STATUS [Computer Name]

Displays status of all active operations on the specified Computer.

If the optional Computer Name is not specified the status will be obtained for the local computer.

I used this succesfully in my UA CD with my cleanup.cmd:

cmdow @ /HID
"%Programfiles%/Raxco/PerfectDisk/PDcmd.exe" /SCHEDBOOT /Alldrives /all
shutdown -r -f -t 100 -c "After installation of programs, setup is using an offline defragment to optimise the windows installation"

DEL "%systemroot%\system32\dllcache\*.scr"
DEL "%systemroot%\system32\*.scr"

DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Windows Update.lnk"
DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Windows Catalog.lnk"

DEL "%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"
DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Movie Maker.lnk"
DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Reader 7.0.lnk"
DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\Adobe Reader 7.0.lnk"

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\drivers\
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install\

EXIT

After the reboot a offline defrag is done :thumbup , this was version 5 im using so the newer versions might have changed but it should be in the help files somewhere.

Hope this helps a few people