Checking DirOpus AutoIT Script (first script)

Kemal

Hi,

:hello:

I've been working on an AutoIT script for Directory Opus v8.0, after some gentle pointing to AutoIt by Astalavista and MAVERICKS CHOICE in response to a thread about CloneDVD2. Thanks again for that script btw MAVERICKS CHOICE, works beautifully.

Anyhow I decided to give writing scripts a a go myself. This program has been bugging me for a while, no silent switches I can identify, and it was a very hit and miss thing with repackaging, sometimes it seemed to work and sometimes it didn't, as it integrates into the windows explorer as a replacement it was very hard to tell which registry changes were important and which were not, sometimes it fell over in a horrendous mess.

:whistle:

My script seems to work ok, but I was hoping some experienced scripters might have a once over and tell me if I did anything stupid or there's a better way to do something.

Opt("WinWaitDelay", 400)
Run ("Directory.Opus.8.0.0.0.Silent.Update.Installer.exe")
Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)
WinActivate("Directory Opus 8 Setup","")
WinWaitActive("Directory Opus 8 Setup","")
Send("n")
Sleep (100)
Send("{ALTDOWN}y{ALTUP}")
Sleep (100)
Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}")
Sleep (100)
Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}")
WinActivate("Directory Opus 8 Setup","")
WinWaitActive("Directory Opus 8 Setup","Yes, I want to launch Directory Opus now.")
Send("{SPACE}{ENTER}")

The biggest problem I had was with the last part as the actual install time seemed to vary immensely, and all of the install windows used the same Title. Have I used the WinWaitActive command correctly?

WinWaitActive("Directory Opus 8 Setup","Yes, I want to launch Directory Opus now.")

The "Yes, I want to launch Directory Opus now." being text on the final screen.

Should I have a sleep command in between the 2nd last set of keys and the final WinActivate. It seems to take anywhere from 3 seconds to 15 seconds to install between those last two steps.

If I use text form each screen with WinWaitActive does that mean I can actually eliminate all sleep commands?

I also tried the MouseClick method but that seems somewhat unprofessional to me. With the mouse zipping all about the screen and all. I like the send method much more.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

:thumbup

WinWaitActive does remove the need for error prone sleep commands. :)

ControlClick beats the snot out of Send.

MouseClick is okay when there is no other option but to Send....and when using it make sure to set its speed to 1 so that its movement is near instant rather than getting stuck there watching it dance across the screen. ;)

Make use of User Vars or better yet use a INI file, to allow the end user some ablity to tweak the setup.

Look for some crazy new stuff from me shortly. ;)

Any ways your getting your hands dirty and making some scripts so good show for that bit, and thanks for sharing your efforts with others. :)

Thanks for the tips Nologic. I did the script once with Mouseclick but the slow mouse speed was what got me... I am very new to this. But I just learned how to fix that from you. Thanks.

:whistle:

I'll go teach msyelf about ControlClick now, and do it over again, for the practice

:thumbup