BitTorrent 3.4.2

twizt3d

Ok all you people asking for the origional bittorrent forgot one very important thing, ITS OPEN SOURCE!!! you can make your own ::official:: installer to do what ever you want using python... now I bet half the people here have no idea how to do that so fear not, I have made the official BitTorrent 3.4.2 Switchless installer, My installer doesnt say you installed blah blah blah, and it doesnt install or load the html file at all. If there is interest I will make a switchless installer for 3.9.x the beta for 4, I will make one for 4 when it comes out... ~twizt

http://www.twizt3d.com/files/BitTorrent-3.4.2.exe

<-Switchless

to run it you can modify this to fit your batch file, or run this as a batchfile to test the installer.

@echo off
title Installing BitTorrent 3.4.2 Switchless Edition by Twizt3d DesignZ
ECHO Windows will now install additional programs onto your computer.
ECHO.
ECHO Installing BitTorrent 3.4.2 Switchless Edition by Twizt3d DesignZ
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait .\setup\BitTorrent.exe
ECHO.
ECHO BitTorrent 3.4.2 Switchless Edition by Twizt3d DesignZ was installed successfully.
EXIT

Sounds like a fantastic idea, however your installer doesn't seem to install bittorrent successfully for me.

It installs silently. but when I try to load a torrent file or open the btdownloadgui.exe I get an error. Straight from the logfile:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "btdownloadgui.py", line 262, in run
 File "btdownloadgui.py", line 249, in __init__
 File "wx\_core.pyc", line 5301, in __init__
 File "wx\_core.pyc", line 4980, in _BootstrapApp
 File "btdownloadgui.py", line 253, in OnInit
 File "btdownloadgui.py", line 108, in __init__
 File "wx\_core.pyc", line 9205, in Add
TypeError: wxWindow, wxSizer, wxSize, or (w,h) expected for item

I uninstalled and reinstalled the official bittorrent and all works fine, uninstalled that again and tried your installer, same error. I usually use bittornado, which also works fine. as does ABC, so I don't think its a problem with my system.

P.S. I unsinstalled all torrent programs prior to trying your installer...

Nice work.  But I still don't get the purpose of a "switchless" installer.  What are the other differences between this version and the original installer other than being "switchless"?

You will find in the original installer when you use the silent switch it still pops up a dialogue telling you its completed the installation, to which you must click 'Ok' and also opens your webbrowser to the homepage. So in fact the silent install is not so silent.

Perhaps he should have said 'true silent switchless' rather than just switchless., but it does have a purpose.

You will find in the original installer when you use the silent switch it still pops up a dialogue telling you its completed the installation, to which you must click 'Ok' and also opens your webbrowser to the homepage. So in fact the silent install is not so silent.

Perhaps he should have said 'true silent switchless' rather than just switchless., but it does have a purpose.

Well, I don't know about that browser pop up, because I'm not using it. I use BitTornado, with no bull$h!t. :lol:

Just in case you want to make a switch from bittorrent to bittornado, it is easier to install (just use /S), or if you want a customized version, I created an msi here.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=241182

No switch needed too. :P

yes I have seen the error in my scripting, but this is an error in the source that is released on bittorrent.com, Im trying to fix it, but im not very good with python, i do java myself, I found one of the errors, but it was just a typo and im not sure what the deminsion should be, im still working on it tho... It seems the source that brahm has released is not the one that he uses on his installer. Im also working on removing all "donate" refrences.