Sound Card Drivers

gui_m

Hello. I have an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe (i875 chipset) and it works great. However the sound card is given me problems. When I boot up Windows, everything seems fine under device manager but the sound just simply doesn't work. If I reinstall drivers, the sound works but as soon as I restart or shutdown and boot up again the sound doesn't work (even though everthing seems fine; no errors or anything under device manager) and i have to re-reinstall the drivers and it will work fine again until I have to restart.

-I've used both the bundled drivers and the newest from ASUS

-This problem started around when i installed "Intel Chipset INF update" which also gave me other problems with the network card and USB. Could this be causing my problem? How can I remove it... it's not under Add/Remove programs or anything.

Appreciate the help from MSFN community! :thumbup

oh yeah, i also have an Audigy 2 installed in the same PC and was also after i installed it that the problems came about... could be because of that? Even though the Audigy is there, the SoundMax is still selected as the sound playback device but it still won't work until i reinstall drivers after every reboot...