Auto CONFIGURE Thunderbird 1.0 ?

a06lp

Hi,

I've found lots of threads on silently installing thunderbird.

The method I use is: totoymola's.

My problem is this:

I want to be able to silently install Thunderbird (clean), which is fine, by using the above link.

However, I want to ALSO be able to apply my own settings quickly and easily (for all my mail accounts, address book, and custom settings).

What do I need to do for this last step, so that its not default in thunderbird, rather: something more like a regtweak, or copying an ini file, or something?

Nope, it doesn't matter as long as you actually took the entire folder mentioned. :)

And you can do it before opening tb.

Do it during your batch-files (when your other files are being copied to where its needed) or whatever....

• 2 weeks later...

Pra,

I am also using that msi install of 1.0 to silently install Thunderbird. I also want to import my settings as well.

You said to copy C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Thunderbird

and use a winrar SFX to extract to %appdata% folder, at first-logon.

I dont understand the SFX part

wouldnt it just be like this?

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Thunderbird 1.0 MSI by Totoymola

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Thunderbird1\thunderbird1.msi /qn

ECHO Copying Settings (01/23/05)

Copy /y "%systemdrive%\install\Thunderbird1\Thunderbird" "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Thunderbird"

Whats this SFX stuff about? Sorry as you know im new and learning.

In my experience, copying the files form the %appdata% doesn't work on all users. The reason is you have to install it in the same username everytime, or else, it will crash. But of course, if you use the same username everytime, there should be no problem. :)

I usually do use same username, but what do you propse as an alternative?

Also if I wanted to add in extensions and themes how would I do that. I dont think there are any themes or extentions for thunderbird worth it, but if there is Id like to at least know how.