visual style installation

My code works just fine, thank you very much. I got the 0x00000000 value from my registry, so I know it's correct. And as far as using %systemroot% versus hardcoding the drive letter, I have never installed an operating system on any drive other than c: and I never will, so it doesn't really matter.

My code works just fine, thank you very much. I got the 0x00000000 value from my registry, so I know it's correct. And as far as using %systemroot% versus hardcoding the drive letter, I have never installed an operating system on any drive other than c: and I never will, so it doesn't really matter.

If you got 0x00000000 from your registry, why haven't used it, that's the point I was making. That number came from my posting.

Although you can miss out the Data Type if it is a REG_SZ entry, you should at least have included an extra comma e.g.

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes","InstallTheme",,"c:\windows\Resources\Themes\royale.theme"

If you check your hivedef.inf file, and do a search on C:\, you will probably find only your entries, windows doesn't use them for the reason I stated.

Now if you're posting code on a public forum, others may care about having the option of installing on more than one drive with their disk. I'm sorry if additional information upsets you, and I didn't say your code wouldn't work. At least anyone else who was going to try your method may have learned something.