Reboot from RunOnceEx?

I read through the guide on the site which said to use a cleanup.cmd file at the end to delete all files and perform a reboot. does this mean that that is the ONLY place to put a reboot. Has anyone tried restarting from within RunOnceEx?

What I am trying to do is run through a few installs but some of them have dependencies on others being installed. Unfortunatly some need a restart before working properly. Ideally what I would want is a few installs to take place then a reboot and then the installs to continue (possibly a couple of times)

The way I see it this can either be done by putting a shutdown command in the RunOnceEx somewhere or repopulating the RunOnceEx registry entries in the cleanup.cmd for the next boot

I would hope that shutting down during the installs it will start up ad continue down the list but, if I put a shutdown in the RunOnceEx will it count that as the whole logon and remove all the rest of the RunOnceEx registry entries or even worse, will it leave them all in and start all the installs again leaving me with a looping system of reboots and reinstalls.

If I have to resort to repopulating the registry entries in the cleanup file at what point does the all the RunOnceEx keys get removed? Am I just going to add them in to the registry only for them to be removed immediatlyas the PC shuts down?

Any ideas???

Sorry, I think I was a little TOO restrictive in my search, I didnt come across the first post at all. I did find the second post and I was considering having a go at mulitple windows but it didnt really answer my question at the time.

Still pursuing the first option of continuing where the list left off before the reboot as that is what I would ideally want...

I found this little bit in another post from Alanoll

Now, the way RunOnceEX works, is that as the keys are executed, once is moves to the next key, the first is deleted. When the entire process is done, the entire tree (including TITLE and FLAG) are deleted and are back to where they were originally.

This seems to suggest that the list will pick up where it stopped if I was to put an immediate shutdown somewhere in the middle or is there a possibility that, on shutting down, all the keys would be deleted anyway?

Just wondering if anyone has tried this. I dont have the luxury of VMWare so the only way I can test it is to burn a disk wipe out my machine. I want to try and keep that to a minimum. Better to get it right first time.