using setup security.inf ?

Hi want to modify file permissions on NTFS volumes and user rights by modifying the setup security.inf. Were is that file located on the original Windows XP CD. I only find it after installing XP, then it is in windows\security\templates.

The reason why I'm asking is that I don't want to use secedit. We do a sysprep in order to get a cloneable image. After using sysprep all modifications done by secedit are gone.....

Thanx shortie

You could always have your sysprep.inf kickoff secedit.exe from the GuiRunOnce section as it prepares each workstation.

Most of the settings in that files are in the Registry and ACL's. You may be able to recreate a portion of the functionality using a combination of these two items.

Having secedit run using the sysprep.inf may be simpler though.

@tguy

The reason why I'm asking is that I don't want to use secedit. We do a sysprep in order to get a cloneable image. After using sysprep all modifications done by secedit are gone.....

You suggested him to use a program he doesn't wanna use :whistle::P

Sorry for the misdirection, if there was any.

As I stated, many of the settings the security.inf applies can be duplicated with registry modifications and applying security permissions using subinacl or cacls etc.

Good luck.