uninstall program from registry with out any trace

zillah

I borrowed Babylon from my friend and I installed , after I used for about 2 months ,there was error in Babylon "dll is missing", I tried to uninstall, and install new copy, I received same error message,,,

Now my query how can I uninstall Babylon or any other program completely from registry with out leaving any trace ?

If the program's uninstall isn't working the only way for you to is to figure what entries the program added in the first place, then remove them manually. There might be a log file for it.. and there are other ways to find out what the program adds to the registry (3rd party software).

An easy way to find most registry entries is to search the registry for the program's name and files associated with it. If you find any, and are positive it belongs to the program just delete them.

If the program's uninstall isn't working
No. It the unistaller was working fine.
and there are other ways to find out what the program adds to the registry (3rd party software).

I tried many third party but without any success!!!

Any 3 party software you regonise?

I tried to delete it manually by looking only for name,for instance "Babylon", I do not know what are the files associated with Babylon!!!.

Is there any way, you can help us for that?

I have been struggling for this problem long time ago.

Thanks

Well if the uninstaller works as it is SUPPOSED TO it shouldn't leave any entries behind.. But I guess that unfortunately most software leave some crap in the registry. :angry:

Well if you can't judge what entries are associated with the program and which are not.. that is a bit tricky. (I can personally say that most entries with the name Babylon are likely somehow related to the program since windows itself doesn't make any such entries). I for example have nothing in the registry with such a name.

There is this software called InstallWatch (or Installrite) which allows you to monitor the entries a program adds to the registry. Maybe you should try that.

http://www.epsilonsquared.com/installwatch.htm

You can download it for free from there.

P.S.

Why is it so important to remove all trace of this program? You probably have a lot of other crap in the registry (most people do!) as well so it's not like it would already be 'dirty'. :P

But I guess that unfortunately most software leave some crap in the registry.
Yes, see when you installe any trial version, and when it expires, try to uninstall it and install it again,,,,,it will complain that the time expired!!!! Why, I guess because there is some entry left in registry, otherwise it should not do that.
Well if you can't judge what entries are associated with the program and which are not.. that is a bit tricky. (I can personally say that most entries with the name Babylon are likely somehow related to the program since windows itself doesn't make any such entries). I for example have nothing in the registry with such a name.

Well I can judge with the known name like babylon or babylonhelp or babylonmenu, but I can not judge if I have entry in the registyr like this for instance: "baycontetex".

There is this software called InstallWatch (or Installrite) which allows you to monitor the entries a program adds to the registry. Maybe you should try that.
I will try it ,,,but have you tried it before?as I told :

"I tried many third party but without any success!!!".

Why is it so important to remove all trace of this program?

Because I am trying to install it again, but without any success!!!

Thanks

Another intersting thing that I forgot to add

I am using program called : Resplendent Registrar, I expeirneced some strange things, when I used regedit and search for string "Babylon", and after I deleted every thing, I used Resplendent, then still I can see entries related to Babylon!!!!Why could not I get rid off Babylon by using only regedit,,,why do I need third part program?