Error trying to burn $OEM$ Folder from XP CD

Hey everyone,

I've been reading up/searching on various XP SP2 slipstream guides both here and on Paul Thurott's WinSuperSite. Everything seems to be going well right up until when I am copying all of my files from an XP folder to my CD burning application.

I am using Easy CD Creator 5, and when I copy the files over for creating the bootable CD, I am being forced to rename the $OEM$ folder to _OEM_. Some of the files contained in the $OEM$ folder that start with ! are also supposed to be renamed.

Do I really need my $OEM$ folder in order to create a successful boot disk? If I do, is there a work around to have Easy CD Creator recognize the $OEM$ name.

Thanks!

Kirupa =)

nLite just shells to msisofs with a command line much like...

mkisofs -iso-level 4 -l -d -D -J -joliet-long -b YOURBOOTBIN.BIN -hide boot.catalog -allow-multidot -no-emul-boot -volid "YOURVOLID" -boot-load-size 4 -o "YOUR ISO FILE.ISO" "YOUR SOURCE DIRECTORY"

(Edit: And include -duplicates-once if you want to have it save multiple references to the same file as single files -- you know, for making AIO discs, saving space, etc.)