Duplicate e-mails in Outlook Express inbox

Marztabator

How do you stop this from happening? It's been a longtime problem for me during the SP1 days, and it appears SP2 hasn't fixed this annoying niggle for me.

I haven't yet tried installing the patch available on Windows Update, but I thought I'd ask you if this would fix the problem, and if not, would there be some tweaking I would need to perform?

To explain more, when you read a Hotmail account through OE and it checks for new e-mails, it always lists them twice at first, rather than the once - although OE later deletes the duplicates from the list the next time you have it read the account.

To solve this you need to tell outlook to delete messages off the server after you;ve read them, its under the advanced e-mail account configuration panel, at least on outlook 2k3, i know its somewhere under outlook express, i think under the e-mail config, but look around and you;ll find it. However, you wont have anything left on your server after you download all your email, so...

no no that's not that i've had the same problem, i only have this issue with hotmail.

when it syncronizzzzez it creates duplicates if u're viewing the syncronized folder, in my case, i go directly to hotmail inbox, and it creates multiple entries.

i sort of solved it by not going to the hotmail inboz at start-up, instead went to local inbox,draft etc..