Command-line app to decompress IP5_2Eng.exe ?

pinout

For my Microsoft IntelliPoint drivers I store the IP5_2Eng.exe file on my unattended CD, then use WinRAR with command-line options to decompress it to a temporary folder, and execute the MSI from there...

Anyways, I can't find a (free) non-gui utility to decompress the EXE. What I have figured out is that WinRAR uses the file cab.fmt from the Formats directory to decompress IP5_2Eng.exe. But programs like CABARC and EXTRAC32 won't decompress it, it's a different type of CAB. I tried 7-Zip too.

The file in question is http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/c...77/IP5_2Eng.exe

You could try recompiling the cab with the windows archive util, or 7zip, or whatever, and then, esspecially if you use the win tool, it should be compatible with all types of decopressers and you would be free to extract it and install unatended...

Of course I realize I can unpack the EXE and store it on the CD or recompress it with something else.. But thats not what I asked :) I like keeping everything original files, that way when a new version is released I can just drop the new file in the directory and thats it. My batch files do the rest (most of the time, assuming the program uses the same type of installer, etc).

I would try 7Zip again if I were you, it worked for me...

Oh, wow.. I just tried the latest version of 7-Zip and it worked (7z.exe), guess maybe I didn't try the correct EXE before or maybe they added support in a newer version. Who knows. 7z.exe worked, but 7za.exe didn't - whats the difference?

Anyways, that is what I was looking for.. its a single self-contained EXE and only 96KB :)