W2K Slipstreamed IE6SP1 RunOnceEx keys

Gagorian

I'd like to hear how you work around the RunOnceEx keys genererated by the IE6SP1 slipstreaming process (in 2KCreate)? Apparently the RunOnceEX numbers are 101, 102, 103, 104, 500 and 800 for (Browsing Services, Internet Tools and System). On my first try my own RunOnceEx keys were visible in the menu (On VMWare) but the process just stopped after the last component of IE6 was installed, nothing happened until I restarted the comp, then it installed the remaining programs. So I figured that the keys placed after the IE keys are just ignored. (My RunOnceEx keys are zz100, zz105 and so on)

I just modified it so that... cmdlines sets a runonceex key (before the IE keys), which launches a cmd file which will set all the runonceex keys on the next reboot. I guess that will work, but are there any other solutions? I wouldn't prefer installing the programs before IE, but I guess that is another option? Any other clever solutions?

(I really would like the RunOnceEx menu to be in alphabetical order and those IE6 entries mess it up a bit!)

*EDIT*: This might've not been the correct forum, since the issue isn't actually related to XPCreate.. SORRY! :whistle:

*EDIT2* Hurmm... Even with only the added .cmd file to the first reboot RunOnceEx, after the IE components are installed nothing happens except the RunOnceEx menu disappears. You have to manually reboot the machine and then it installs the programs. Suggestions?

OH PLEASE! *whips himself very hard* :realmad:

Found the problem. I had my IE6START.exe still named.. IE6GO.exe and it executed before IE6SP1.exe... hence it didn't run the RunOnceEx commands of IE aaand it messed everything up. :blink:

• 1 month later...

Well, even though you have answered your own question ...

The work-around is clearing the keys buy running them, which is what IESTART.EXE does. The reason being that if these keys are not run at this point, the Windows Address Book importer (I think...) is run upon launching RunOnceEx. The problem is that the dll that is run has been updated, and hangs with this command, causing the phenomenum of Windows 2000 never getting as far as the desktop.