move Windows XP system disk to another computer

darth

I have taken out the windows system containing HD from petnium 4 machine and placed it into Duron machine. I followed instructions from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...5BLN%5D;Q314082

that have worked for me on this task before but this time the windows doesnt boot up.

In safe mode, last file it loads is agp440.sys, could it be that in the previous machine there was AGP graphics card and in the current machine there is no agp port at all(graphics integrated)?

I dont have the access to old machine but I really need to start that windows from that disk, can it be still possible?

I find it hard to believe that microsoft would support this, since the specifically put measures in place to NOT allow this to happen.

If the hdd has a i386 folder on it you can try making your own XPCD... by putting it back in the original machine. Other then that, you would need to run a repair console.

Another option is to get Windows XPE disk (barts or whatever). Its windows that runs from CD. Edit the files to remove the AGP drivers.

Boot from the XP CD ROM and select the Second Repair Option, also known as Replare in Place.

That will replace all the system files and take you through the usual setup process which goes through all the plug-n-play steps but leaves your user dat files alone.

Just re-apply all hotfixes and SP2 and you're good to go.

I am not good to go, did the repair install and now when it starts to show the windows boot logo a BSOD screen flickers for a second and the machine restarts....

Should I try to make another repair install?

Does it save the BSOD information somewhere so I could see what it says?