WPI Help

Hey everyone...

I'm testing my WPI setup and when i am trying to run by batch file.... it keeps saying it can't find the files... eventhough i copied then over to the specified folder....

attached is the error msg

and here the code the WPI created....

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing System Tools & Software - Step 2 of" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /VE /D "Win Zip 9.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\"program files"\WinZip\winzip32.exe" /f
rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

pause
exit

I think it has something to do with the space in the path for "program files" but im not sure... ive tried putting 2 sets of quotes around the path like:

""%systemdrive%\program files\WinZip\winzip32.exe""

but then it say i have too many command paramaters and exits.....

any ideas???? i'm sorry if this is redundant but i am a newbie

THANKS

PS I've also had this problem when office trys to install fromt he folder "MS office 2003" as well as when NAV tries to install from "norton systemworks 2003" think it might be the spaces in these folder names as well??????

post-70-1103498410_thumb.jpg

I don't know why you are launching the installation from a distant folder like that. In my setup, I always launch from %systemdrive%\install\xxx...

Anyway, I think there is a Program Files variable so you could go with:

"%ProgramFiles%\WinZip\winzip32.exe"

otherwise I think you need a special syntax for that space... and unfortunatly for you I am really not good at this! :P

EDIT: or was it %ProgramFilesDir% . . ... . .. . .. . ... :blink:

i'm launching it from the program files directory as the silent install instructions for winzip say to have it copied over to that folder and then run the command to launch the pgm.

and would my code be???

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 1 /D "%ProgramFilesDir%WinZip\winzip32.exe /noqp /notip /autoinstall

ok tried it

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 1 /D "%ProgramFiles%\WinZip\winzip32.exe /noqp /notip /autoinstall

and i get an "invalid key name" error

also i am using the WPI to create a batch file which will then run upon first logon just liek the runonceex

and i use btoh winrar and winzip.... i seem to have this issue with any folder name that has spaces in it ie "ms office" "program files" etc

thanks everyone

its workign now....

NAKIRA

so in the future when i have a folder that is two names witha a space ie "ms office" do i put the "\ before the first set of quotes then \" after the executable file before the switches in order for the folder to be recognized as per your example?

"\"%systemdrive%\program files\winzip\winzip32.exe\" /noqp /notip /autoinstall" /f

THANKS AGAIN