.exe creation for DOS

bullet

I am using network boot disk to load NIC drivers and then copy files and start a semi-unattend win98 install. It works great for NIC's that the driver is already installed. My NIC is old so it is not included in the already installed driver list. I have the driver but there is no room on the disk to put it. So am using WinRar to trim the archive.exe file that has, among other things, all of the NIC drivers. When I recreate the .exe file with WinRar it makes the file a WinRar self extracting .exe file so it does not work in a DOS enviroment. Does anyone know of a utility that I could use to create an exe file that will work in DOS? Thanks Guys :thumbup

WinRAR itself gives you the ability to create DOS-compatible SFX archives.

Go to the last tab of SFX options, and choose the DOS SFX module. Though, the DOS module does not quite give as many possibilities (for unattended) as the win32 version does. Also, remember DOS limitations - eight-dot-three file naming convention.

While winrar can make SFXes for DOS from windows, you can also make SFXes for DOS from DOS.

Download RAR for DOS

Thanks prathapml.

The DOS SFX module seemed to work. I have not been able to test it in the way that it will used but I ran it in a DOS window and it stayed there. That is a very good sign. Thanks again, you are the man B)